- Harvard Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1976
- Harvard College, B.A., cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1973
- Fellow, American College of Bankruptcy (Board of Regents; Chair Ninth Circuit Council; Nominating Committee; Immediate Past Chair of Ninth Circuit Educational Programs Committee)
- Member, Financial Lawyers Conference (Past President; Board of Governors)
- Member, California State Bar Business Law Section (former Treasurer; Executive Committee; Uniform Commercial Code Committee (former Chair))
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section (former Chair; Executive Committee)
- Member, American Bar Association (Business Law Section; Business Bankruptcy Committee; UCC Committee)
- Member, Federal Bar Association (Bankruptcy Section)
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute (Business Reorganization Committee; Healthcare Committee; Uniform Commercial Code Committee)
- Apollo Advisors
- Aurelius Capital
- Barry's Jewelers, Inc.
- Baupost Group
- Cadiz, Inc. (as parent of Sunworld, Inc.)
- Debtholders of Calpine
- Castle Entertainment, Inc.
- Debtholders of CIT Group
- Debtholders of Continental Airlines
- Debtholders of Countrywide Financial
- Debtholders of Delphi Corp.
- Debtholders of Delta Airlines
- Elliott Associates, L.P.
- Debtholders of Enron
- Four Media Company (as acquirer of Digital Magic & Transfer)
- Fortress Credit Corp.
- Glenview Capital Management
- Lamont's Apparel, Inc.
- La Vida Llena
- Debtholders of Lehman Brothers Holdings, Inc.
- Debtholders of LVI Group
- Mariner Post-Acute Network, Inc. and Mariner Health Group, Inc.
- Merle Norman Cosmetics, Inc, (as creditor and franchisor)
- MGM (as creditor & licensor)
- Debtholders of Refco, Inc.
- Debtholders of Residential Capital LLC
- Debtholders of Scotia Pacific
- Southmark California
- Starlume, Inc. (as creditor and licensee of Illuminations, Inc.)
- Stars To Go, Inc.
- The Broe Companies (as acquirer)
- Debtholders of TOUSA
||Mr. Davidson is a senior shareholder of Stutman, Treister & Glatt and is resident in the firm’s Los Angeles office. He has been a member of the firm since 1977.
Mr. Davidson has a national practice in bankruptcy reorganizations and out-of-court restructurings. He has frequently served as lead counsel representing both public and private business entities in a variety of industries. In addition, Mr. Davidson commonly represents hedge funds and other significant holders of securities in connection with complex chapter 11 reorganizations and workouts, and has handled many insolvency-related sales and acquisitions. Recent high-profile cases in which Mr. Davidson has been involved include Lehman Brothers, CIT Group, Dynegy, MF Global, Nortel, Pacific Lumber, and Residential Capital.
Mr. Davidson has been named Best Lawyers' 2014 Los Angeles
Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization
Law "Lawyer of the Year." He has been listed by The Best Lawyers in
America in the practice areas of Bankruptcy and
Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law from 2003
through 2014; by Chambers U.S.A. in the practice area of Bankruptcy /
Restructuring; by Southern California Superlawyers in the practice area
of Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights from 2004
through 2014; by Who's Who in America; and by Who's Who in American Law.
He has been selected as a Fellow of the American College of
Bankruptcy, and has been named a member of its Board of Regents, Chair
of its Ninth Circuit Council, a member of its Nominating Committee for national directors
and officers, a former member of its Educational Programs
Committee, and Immediate Past Chair of its Ninth Circuit Educational
Mr. Davidson has also served as Chair of the Uniform Commercial Code Committee of the California State Bar and served as a member of that Committee for a total of nine years. He was the Treasurer of the Business Law Section of the California State Bar and served as a member of the Executive Committee of the Section for three years.
He served as Chair of the Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and Chair of its Bankruptcy Committee, and served as a member of the Section Executive Committee. He has also served as a member of the Bench/Bar Committee on Local Bankruptcy Rules for the Central District of California and a member of the Nominating Committee for the Los Angeles County Bar Board of Trustees.
Mr. Davidson is Past President of the Financial Lawyers Conference and has served on its Board of Governors for several years.
He is a member of the Business Law Section, the Business Bankruptcy Committee, and the UCC Committee of the American Bar Association; a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute and of ABI's Business Reorganization Committee, Healthcare Committee, and Uniform Commercial Code Committee; and a member of the Bankruptcy Section of the Federal Bar Association.
Mr. Davidson has published and lectured on a variety of bankruptcy-related topics. Notably, he has, for several years, presented annual bankruptcy update programs for the Financial Lawyers Conference, for the Bankruptcy Section of the New Mexico State Bar, and previously for the Business Law Section of the State Bar of California. He has also presented various educational programs for ALI-ABA, ALI CLE, Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors, California CEB, Renaissance American Management & Beard Group, and Turnaround Management Association.
Mr. Davidson is a member of the California State Bar and is admitted to practice before the United States Courts of Appeals for the Ninth and Fifth Circuits and the United States District Courts throughout California.
Mr. Davidson received his J.D., cum laude, from Harvard Law School in 1976, and his B.A., cum laude, from Harvard College in 1973, where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
La Vida Llena
Mariner Post-Acute Network and Mariner Health Group
Stars To Go
Debtholders of Calpine
Debtholders of CIT Group
Debtholders of Continental Airlines
Debtholders of Countrywide Financial
Debtholders of Delphi Corp.
Debtholders of Delta Airlines
Debtholders of Enron
Fortress Credit Corp.
Glenview Capital Management
Debtholders of Lehman Brothers
Debtholders of LVI Group
Debtholders of Refco
Debtholders of Residential Capital
Debtholders of Scotia Pacific
Debtholders of TOUSA
Significant Creditor/Party In Interest Representations
Cadiz (as parent of Sunworld)
Four Media Company (as acquirer of Digital Magic & Transfer)
Merle Norman Cosmetics, Inc. (as creditor and franchisor)
MGM (as creditor & licensor)
Starlume (as creditor and licensee of Illuminations)
The Broe Companies (as acquirer)
Named, Best Lawyers' 2014 Los Angeles Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law "Lawyer of the Year"
Selected, The Best Lawyers in America (Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law), 2003-2014
Selected, Southern California's Best Lawyers in America
Selected, Chambers U.S.A. (Bankruptcy/Restructuring)
Selected, Super Lawyers (Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights) by Super Lawyers Magazine, 2004-14
Selected, Who’s Who America
Selected, Who’s Who America Legal
Rated, AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5.0
Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors
Bankruptcy Section of the New Mexico State Bar
Business Law Section of the State Bar of California
Financial Lawyers Conference
Renaissance American Management & Beard Group
Turnaround Management Association